Forum

virtual hosts with wordpress

Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 12:03

Hiawatha version: 7.8.2
Operating System: Centos 5.7 x86

Hi.

I am having problems adding a second instance of wordpress for a seperate domain that I am hosting. I successfully set up wordpress for my domain and have a nginx reverse proxy frontend on another server. I created a second database for the additional wordpress instance. Filled out the parameters in the wp-config.php and I created the virtual host entry for the new wordpress instance in my hiawatha.conf file. However, I have had no success in accessing the wordpress install running the url www.telicubes.com/wordpress_telecubes/wp-admin/install.php. Could you please advise me how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks,
Wolf
Hugo Leisink
9 May 2012, 12:09
I don't think I have enough information about what you did and try to achieve to help you out. You need to give more detailed information.
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 12:35
Hi Hugo,

Tell me what you need and I will provide all information.

Thank you for responding so quickly.
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 12:50
I have two domains. One domain is using wordpress and I want to host a second domain using wordpress. The hosted domain telicubes.com should be as seperate wordpress instance. I have configured their virtual host but it is not accessible from a browser. The dns resolves correctly but when running the install http://www.telicubes.com/wordpress_telecubes/wp-admin/install.php the browser answers with Not Found.

Hugo Leisink
9 May 2012, 13:07
When I visit http://www.telicubes.com/wordpress_telecubes/wp-admin/install.php, I also get a "Not Found" message. But that message is from nginx, not from Hiawatha.
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 16:10
I turned off nginx and tried just using the ip number and the path like this http://ip number/wordpress_telecubes/wp-admin/install.php but that just redirects me to the wordpress that I have installed on the first domain www.brekka.info. Should I send my virtual host config?
Hugo Leisink
9 May 2012, 16:14
Sure, don't forget to tell what you try to achieve. It's still not clear to me.
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 17:12
I want to have two seperate instances of wordpress running on hiawatha. One instance of wordpress for www.brekka.info and another instance running for www.telicubes.com. I am not able to run the installation script install.php for the second instance of wordpress because I am always redirected to www.brekka.info even though I am using the ip and not the host name.
Hugo Leisink
9 May 2012, 18:00
Oke, can you show me your Hiawatha configuration?
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 18:11
Here it is.
VirtualHost {
Hostname = www.telicubes.com
WebsiteRoot = /var/www/wordpress_telecubes
# DirectoryPath = /var/www/wordpress_telecubes
StartFile = index.php
AccessLogFile = /var/log/hiawatha/word_access.log
ErrorLogFile = /var/log/hiawatha/word_error.log
EnablePathInfo = yes
TimeForCGI = 6
UseFastCGI = PHP5
UseToolkit = wordpress
}
Hugo Leisink
9 May 2012, 19:41
That's it? Don't you think you need a virtual host configuration for www.brekka.info as well?
Wolf Johnsson
9 May 2012, 20:27
I thought that might be the problem. I have www.brekka.info in the main configuration under default website.
Wolf Johnsson
10 May 2012, 10:30
Hi Hugo,

I want to thank you for all your help. Hiawatha is an excellent web server and the support is fantastic.

kind regards,
Wolf
This topic has been closed.