Forum

Problem with hostname syntax

Guerreiro
24 June 2012, 16:14
Hey good people of this forum,

My problem is that I want to just start the server and it is giving me problems with syntax errors in my Hostname value in the hiawatha.conf under Default Website section.

"Syntax error in hiawatha.conf on line 81." To be specific.

I tried to put my IP-address there, localhost, localhost address and my hostname as defined on Debian itself. Nothing seems to work. Could you guys lend me a hand here? Is there a special syntax you need to adhere to?

Hiawatha version: Hiawatha v8.4, cache, IPv6, reverse proxy, SSL, URL toolkit, XSLT
Copyright (C) by Hugo Leisink <hugo@leisink.net>
Operating System: Debian 6.0 64-bit

Thanking you in advance.
Guerreiro
24 June 2012, 17:15
Put this on hold for now, I did a compiling from source first. I tried it a second time with making a nice debian package from source as it were. Not from tuxhelp.

It seems to be working right now. So I think I am good right now.
Guerreiro
24 June 2012, 22:51
All right, I got everything to work. All is online, but I still am getting 403 forbidden access errors?
Guerreiro
25 June 2012, 08:10
Although I am talking to myself, I fixed the 403 issue as well. Something to do with chown. All right. Close this topic if you want or leave it open for the rest to read. All in all, I like hiawatha as a server. Much more elegant an option than for instance, Apache or Nginx.
Hugo Leisink
25 June 2012, 10:00
Good to hear it's all working.
This topic has been closed.