Forum

Something new in 8.5 ?

Amar
2 October 2012, 11:41
Hello Hugo

I just upgraded Hiawatha on my server and quickly had to downgrade to 8.4 due to my server being unavailable to public. I asume It has something to do with Hiawatha listening on Interface/port. So did something changed maybe? This is interesting part from my hiawatha.conf that works OK on 8.4 but on 8.5 it's like there is firewall in front port 80
Binding {
Port = 80
Interface = 37.xxx.48.86
EnableAlter = yes
MaxRequestSize = 40960
MaxUploadSize = 10
MaxKeepAlive = 32
}

Any tips?

ty.

Hiawatha version: 8.5
Operating System: Debian
Hugo Leisink
2 October 2012, 12:11
The things that changed are in the ChangeLog. The biggest change is that select() has been changed with poll(). Are you sure you can't connect? Try connecting via telnet to port 80 and entering a HTTP request manually:
GET / HTTP/1.0<enter>
<enter>

What happens?
Amar
2 October 2012, 12:34
Yes.. 100% sure

take a look:

amar@squeeze:~$ telnet [removed] 80
Trying [removed]...
Trying [removed]...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable
Amar
2 October 2012, 12:35
BTW could you edit that domain, i forgot to : )
Hugo Leisink
2 October 2012, 19:49
What do you mean with 'edit that domein'?

I'm afraid that I have no idea what goes wrong. If you execute the build_debian_package with the '-b' option, it will not delete the build directory. You can then run Hiawatha 8.5 at a different port for test purposes.

What's the output of 'sudo lsof | grep hiawatha | grep IP'?
Amar
2 October 2012, 20:17
I should mention that I used unoficial Debian package from tuxhelp.org. I will try build it my self.

What I ment is if you could edit this above post of mine where I used telnet. I dont want domain/IP displayed like that : )
Hugo Leisink
2 October 2012, 20:18
Ah! That could be very well the cause. Download the source, run extra/build_debian_package and install the created package. Let me know if that solves it.
Hugo Leisink
2 October 2012, 20:20
Ok, I don't see how that could cause you any problem, but I removed them.
Amar
2 October 2012, 20:35
Nope.. I compiled it myself but same thing. Something is wrong with my current config and 8.5 version
Hugo Leisink
3 October 2012, 08:27
in libraries/page.php, add the following line after "list($protocol,, $referer_host) = explode("/", $_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"], 4);" (which should be at line 48):
list($referer_host) = explode(":", $referer_host, 2);
Hugo Leisink
3 October 2012, 09:25
Really strange, because nothing changed in the code that handles the opening of the ports. I'm thinking real hard, but I can't think of anything in Hiawatha that could be the cause. Are you using AppArmor, SELinux or GRsecurity?
Amar
5 October 2012, 13:57
No, nothing like that.. I will have to find time to test this a bit on other machine as I can't really touch this in production for this. I am gonna get back to you..
This topic has been closed.