Forum

interface for binding

kfft
4 December 2012, 08:43
Hi

When the hiawatha service starts, my interface is not ready (192.168.1.100). It is ready few seconds later (boot process)

I I use SSL and port 443 without interface information it doesn't cause any issue the Hiawatha service starts and binds
if I use port 80 with no interface information Hiawatha says it can't bind to 0.0.0.0
If I use interface = 192.168.1.100 in the config, Hiawatha can't bind the interface 192.168.1.100 either and interrupts
I have to wait for a few seconds so that the interface is ready to start again the service then it works fine

I can't understand why port 443 or 80 makes a difference and how to have a successful start with port 80.
Can someone help?

Hiawatha version: 8.6
Operating System: W 7
Hugo Leisink
4 December 2012, 13:48
I have no idea what goes wrong, because I can't take a look at your system. Could it be some other program is temporarily binding port 80? Or your anti-virus software is blocking it? Just some wild guesses.
kfft
4 December 2012, 18:47
Do you mean the main reason why Hiawatha would not be able to bind is because the port is already bound to another program?
I am not sure of the cause because manual binding works fine, it is just the automatic binding during the boot process that fails.
Is there a way to postpone the binding by a few seconds or have Hiawatha attempt binding for a few seconds before giving up through some of the config parameters?
Thanks Hiawatha is great!!
Hugo Leisink
4 December 2012, 19:38
I don't know, it was just a guess. I can't verify it because I have no access to your system. I just gave some hints for you to check out.

I assume you have installed Hiawatha as a Windows service like described in the Installation.txt file. Go to Services in 'Administrative tools' (somewhere in your start menu) and lookup Hiawatha. Try 'Automatic (Delayed Start)' as the Startup type.
kfft
4 December 2012, 23:19
Hey you're good Hugo! it seems it worked! that played the trick
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!
This topic has been closed.