Forum

Tutorials available for succesfully configuring Python or Ruby applications on Hiawatha?

Brian Zerangue
19 December 2012, 18:07
First off, I just want to say a HUGE "thank you" to Hugo for sharing his talents and putting together a brilliant web server.

This message is for those who are successfully running either Python or Ruby applications on Hiawatha. I was wondering if one of you would be willing to write a tutorial on how to get a Python or Ruby app up and running on Hiawatha.

Hiawatha supports both languages, but there are really no tutorials showing one how to get it up and running on Hiawatha.

There are mentions of both in the forum, but most are people having errors with either language, and if they get it running, they never explain how they got it up and running.

It would be helpful for newcomers to Hiawatha to have a tutorial, plainly written (step-by-step), showing one how to setup ruby/python project and get it running on Hiawatha. Samiux does this brilliantly with his tutorial on setting up Hiawatha/PHP on Ubuntu, http://secure-ubuntu-server.blogspot.com/2012/11/howto-highest-secured-hiawatha-web.html

Hiawatha is an amazingly secure and fast webserver which I think would benefit not only PHP folks, but those in the Ruby and Python communities as well. It's just as good of a webserver as that of nginx or apache, or better in many cases. Would love for others to see that as well.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brian Z.

Hiawatha version: 8.6
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Hugo Leisink
19 December 2012, 18:56
I don't have much experience with Ruby and Python. So I can't help you with that. Anybody else who can do this?
This topic has been closed.