Forum

help with command Include /etc/hiawatha/enable-sites/

Levi
16 March 2013, 06:41
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to help. I have been fallowing this tutorial - http://secure-ubuntu-server.blogspot.com/ - Just for the sake of learning about servers. When I came across the line " Include /etc/hiawatha/enable-sites/ " I became confused. For example, i dont know if i am supposed to put the line like this in the hiawatha.confg file

VITUAL HOSTS

Include /etc/hiawatha/enable-sites/

VirtualHost {
Hostname = www.mysite.com, mysite.com
WebsiteRoot = /var/www/mysite

and just leave the file how it is, or should It read like this

VITUAL HOSTS

Include /etc/hiawatha/enable-sites/

and have the actual virtual host information inside the file I created under etc/hiawatha/enable/mysite.com. It would seem kind of foolish to have a include command, and then have an instruction that have you make a file that is just blank. but my server only shows the home page and does not redirect to the virtual host. So any confirmation on the proper way to have this setup would be nice. I would remove the line altgether, but the server will not start. Also, I do not know if i am supposted to change anything in my host file because this tutorial does not say and i could not find any information on the HOWTO for hiawatha.

Thank you Levi

Operating System: Ubuntu
Hugo Leisink
16 March 2013, 07:24
The include command includes other files (just the one specified or all the files in the specified directory) at the position of the include command. You can use it when you have a lot of virtual hosts. A long list of virtual hosts can make the configuration file a bit chaotic. Placing each virtual host configuration in its own file makes it easier to find.

If you don't have a 'enable-sites' directory, just remove the include command. It's not a required option.
This topic has been closed.