Forum

How BanlistMask works?

Ali
23 April 2013, 16:18
I've tried to add my IP address to the "BanlistMask" for saving myself from getting blocked by the banning rules offered by Samiux, but couldn't manage.

This is my current setup in hiawatha.conf
BanlistMask = deny 111.222.333.444, deny 192.168.0.0/24, deny 127.0.0.1

I've also tried "allow" but that didn't work either

As far as I understand the BanlistMask option only works in main server configuration file hiawatha.conf, not in virtual host configuration files. Should I try there?

Hiawatha version: Hiawatha v9.1, cache, IPv6, Monitor, reverse proxy, SSL, Tomahawk, URL toolkit, XSLT
Copyright (C) by Hugo Leisink <hugo@leisink.net>
Operating System: Debian 7.0 Wheezy
Hugo Leisink
23 April 2013, 21:51
What do you mean with "couldn't manage"? What goes wrong?
Ali
23 April 2013, 22:17
Problem is, I've got these set of rules in my virtual host configuration:
DenyBody = ^.*%3Ciframe.*%2F%3E.*$
DenyBody = ^.*%3CIFRAME.*%2F%3E.*$

And because of them, whenever I try to embed a video hosted on Vimeo (which uses iframes for embed codes) to one of my blog posts, I get banned an kicked from my own server

Even BanlistMask didn't help me to get out of Hiawatha's claws I've added my IP address to the list, but it still bans and kicks me out.
Hugo Leisink
24 April 2013, 15:50
Do you really mean ban? You mean that you can't access your webserver for the amount of seconds that has configured? Or do you mean that your request is denied because of the size? Does the system logfile really say your IP address got banned?
Ali
24 April 2013, 22:32
Yesterday it was a ban, with log record of my IP, access limiting for a predefined period of time etc.

Today it gives me 403 instead It still logs my IP to exploit.log with a "denied body", but not with a ban. I can return to browsing pages on same domain immediately.

Weird, I know, but I haven't changed anything. I can still post iframe containing content if I comment out DenyBody rules in my virtual host config.
This topic has been closed.