Forum

Wordpress fails to install - Error 500

adam
5 May 2013, 22:14
Hi,

so, I wanted to try Wordpress with Hiawatha. Installed Hiawatha Debian binary with dpkg.
I mostly followed this guide (http://secure-ubuntu-server.blogspot.de/2013/02/howto-highest-secured-hiawatha-web.html) and installed everything as stated except suhosin patch, which isn't in the wheezy repo yet.
So far, so good, got the default test Hiawatha placeholder after starting Hiawatha.
As I didn't configure any virtual hosts, I entered EnableCGI = yes in the default host and set the start file to index.php.
I created the MySQL database, downloaded, extracted Wordpress and entered the database info in the setup.
Setup told me that everything went fine. After trying to finish the setup (enter blog name, admin username+password [wp-admin/install.php?step=2]) I got a Internal Server Error 500.

When I went to the main page, the blog appeared but it was empty. Logging into wp-admin also failed due to wrong user/password combination.

Here is an excerpt from error.log

"Sun 05 May 2013 19:59:07 +0000|/var/www/hiawatha/wp-admin/install.php|PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/ming.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
Sun 05 May 2013 19:59:13 +0000|/var/www/hiawatha/wp-admin/install.php|CGI timeout"

Pretty lost here - any hint would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Adam

Hiawatha version: 9.1
Operating System: Debian 7 (on OpenVZ VM)
Hugo Leisink
7 May 2013, 15:16
The first line in the error.log file is a PHP error and has nothing to do with Hiawatha. Please contact the authors of Wordpress about this.

The seconds line indicates that the PHP script runs longer than the default allowed runtime (=5 seconds). Try giving it more time via the TimeForCGI setting (see manpage).
This topic has been closed.