Forum

Configuration Difference for GET and POST

Chris
13 June 2013, 15:16

Hello All:

Hiawatha version: 9.1
Operating System: Debian Linux 32 bit x86

I have been using Hiawatha since about version 7 with great success on my local server and more recently on a remote hosted server.

I'm looking at a small javascript application (http://richardbondi.net/static/help/) that uses XMLHttpRequest() to call the server to retrieve fragments of html pages which it then displays in a window. It issues a POST instruction rather than GET and the content of the request is the URL of the page to retrieve.

Under Apache this causes no problems and the page displays as expected. Under Hiawatha, if I change the POST to a GET, the request is completed correctly. Otherwise the program reports no errors either to screen or in the logs but does not display the page. This applies to my local machine and the remote server running CentOS 6.

Other applications that I write use POST in submitting form data so I know Hiawatha is able to handle some POST requests.

I assume there is a configuration option that is applicable but I don't know what it might be, so any help that might be available is greatly appreciated and will improve my understanding of the process.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Hugo Leisink
14 June 2013, 01:19
My guess is that the javascript has been made for and test on Apache only. I have no idea what might be the cause, because I haven't looked at the application.
This topic has been closed.