Forum

ConnectionsPerIP question

Bryan
9 March 2014, 08:31
In a past forum question you mentioned that "A browser can use up to 6 connections for one website." This is really helpful to know.

My question is, do these connections increase if a browser has multiple tabs of the same website open? For example, if a browser has three tabs of the same website open, can that mean 18 connections for that IP?

Also, what if they are seperate browser windows instead of tabs? If there are three seperate browser windows open, all from the same IP, and all at the same website, does that mean 18 connections for that IP?

Thank you.
Hugo Leisink
9 March 2014, 08:37
I did some testing with Firefox and Tomahawk and show that multiple tabs of windows don't increase the number of open connections. The maximum amount I saw was 6. You can use Tomahawk to test any browser you like.
Bryan
9 March 2014, 08:44
Thanks. This is good to know. I don't find much information in the How To or Manual about Tomahawk -- am I just overlooking it? Where can I learn more about what Tomahawk is and how to use it? Thanks again.
Hugo Leisink
9 March 2014, 08:46
Use 'man hiawatha', search for 'Tomahawk', configure Hiawatha as explained, telnet to the configured port and it will all be clear.
Bryan
9 March 2014, 19:24
Okay, thanks. I will look into this.
This topic has been closed.