Forum

How to replace polarssl by openssl ?

Damien
14 July 2014, 11:41
Hi hugo,
How to replace the polarssl by openssl ? I want to use openssl, but in CMakeLists.txt file I haven't found the settings to set the ssl library. I have compile the openssl library in my environment, so I wonder is there settings in configurations or compile flags that can link the openssl library ?
welcome any ways to this issue !

Hiawatha version: 9.6
Operating System: Linux OS
Hugo Leisink
14 July 2014, 11:45
OpenSSL is no longer supported. But seriously, why the hell would you want to use OpenSSL? It's ugly and dangerous. I switched to PolarSSL for some very good reasons.
Damien
15 July 2014, 04:18
Yes, you are right . OpenSSL is not safe than PolarSSL. But as the OpenSSL I want to use has some feature which developed by my company and we rewrote some part of it. So we want to keep using it.
I'm really looking forward to the ways to make the hiawatha run with the OpenSSL.
Hugo Leisink
15 July 2014, 07:40
I'm sorry, but OpenSSL is no longer supported and will never be anymore. A main reason is because they still haven't got the documentation fixed [www.openssl.org]. Which I think is ridiculous. PolarSSL is simply superior to OpenSSL, in any way.

What features in OpenSSL that your company wrote are you referring to?
Damien
16 July 2014, 04:21
OK,
Heiko
18 July 2014, 02:14
Why do you have an issue using it parallel? PolarSSL is only embeded in Hiawatha. There is no problem ...
You can have your Openssl too ... or better LibreSSL as replacement.
F.e. I have an OpenBSD-current host with Libressl and Hiawatha. No issue. I have an Raspi with LibreSSL - Portable on Debian, Hiawatha with PolarSSL. No issue too.
This topic has been closed.