Forum

Cant start Hiawatha on Centos 6

Thomas
4 February 2015, 11:49
Hello!

I just installed centos in a citrix vm and I wanted to install kloxo-mr on it. It runs with hiawatha. Well, actually it does not.
service hiawatha start
Starting Hiawatha web server: /usr/sbin/hiawatha: error while loading shared libraries: libpolarssl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FEHLGESCHLAGEN]

I reinstalled openssl and all the other things. But it still gives me that strange error.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hiawatha version: latest
Operating System: Centos 6
Mustafa Ramadhan
4 February 2015, 13:09
Try 'yum install polarssl-devel -y' in ssh.
Hugo Leisink
4 February 2015, 13:32
How did you install Hiawatha? Manually? Via a package? If so, which one?
Thomas
4 February 2015, 13:36
I tried it. And I reinstalled everything afer I restored my VM. Anyway, I don't need hiawatha. I want to run the machine with lighhtpd or nginx. Is there a way to get rid of hiawatha and run kloxomr with something else?
Thomas
4 February 2015, 13:38
Forgot to mention, it did not work. Same error message.
Thomas
4 February 2015, 13:45
I installed by accident. Because all i wanted is to install kloxo-mr to manage my nginx and lighhtpd machines. I followed the installation steps I found on this site: https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/blob/dev/how-to-install.txt
Hugo Leisink
4 February 2015, 13:46
I have no idea, because I don't know kloxo. If you really want to downgrade to nginx or lighttpd, ask the maintainers of kloxo.
Thomas
4 February 2015, 13:53
As far as I understand their concept, they use hiawatha as an integrated part of their software. So, I have to make it work. I still don't get the error message. I seems that hiawatha is lookung for the polarsll-module. But where does the module supposed to be?
Hugo Leisink
4 February 2015, 14:03
It depends on how kloxo built the Hiawatha package. If PolarSSL is included in the Hiawatha package, it should work. If not, the kloxo devs did something wrong. It's very likely they have a separate PolarSSL package and build Hiawatha in a way that it depends on that package. When installing Hiawatha, the PolarSSL package should be installed as well (automatically if kloxo's package manager works correctly).

Is it possible for you to find out if Hiawatha needs a separate PolarSSL package? If so, what PolarSSL packages does kloxo offer and which one are already installed on your system?
Thomas
4 February 2015, 14:14
I thought, this is the basic idea, why we have package managers. I don't what version will work!
Hugo Leisink
4 February 2015, 14:16
I'm very sure this is not a Hiawatha issue, but a packaging issue. I can't help you with that, because I don't know kloxo. My advice is to ask the kloxo developers for help.
I installed it again...
4 February 2015, 14:28
This time I used the original hiawatha sources. And it's getting worse.
*** Restart services - BEGIN ***
mysqld beenden: [ OK ]
mysqld starten: [ OK ]
Named beenden: . [ OK ]
Named starten: [ OK ]
httpd beenden: [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
httpd starten: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
[FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
Stopping Hiawatha web server: [ OK ]
Stopping qmail-toaster: svscan qmail logging.
Starting qmail-toaster: svscan.
./run: line 4: /usr/bin/envconv: No such file or directory
xinetd beenden: [ OK ]
xinetd starten: [ OK ]
Stopping kloxo-phpcgi: [ OK ]
Starting kloxo-phpcgi: [ OK ]
Stopping kloxo-hiawatha: [ OK ]
Starting kloxo-hiawatha: /usr/sbin/kloxo-hiawatha: error while loading shared libraries: libpolarssl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
php-fpm beenden: [ OK ]
php-fpm starten: [ OK ]
*** Restart services - END ***

Process Time: 00:00:03:55.235404 (dd:hh:mm:ss:xxxxxx)
Hugo Leisink
4 February 2015, 14:32
I have no idea what you are doing. Why restart all services to restart one single daemon? My guess is that the 'could not bind address' error message is because Hiawatha from the kloxo package is still running, which prevents the manually-compiled Hiawatha to start.

Try removing the kloxo Hiawatha package first, then compile and install Hiawatha manually. But, I still think that contacting the kloxo devs is the best way to go.
Mustafa Ramadhan
7 February 2015, 13:20
Issue is related to polarssl.

Update hiawatha with 'yum update hiawatha' will fix this issue.
This topic has been closed.