Forum

Broke Hiawatha

Hejs
9 February 2015, 00:23
Hi,

I have been using Hiawatha for some years now ad it has been a pleasure. I unfortunately broke my install on one of my server. I was trying to get a later php version installed this guide:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/102117/how-to-update-to-php-5-3-10-in-10-04

The problem is when I try to start hiawatha i get a seg fault. I cant find any info on why it is broken. The php-fcgi daemon seems to work fine.

I'm sorry for the poor problem description but any pointers would be much appreciated!

Hiawatha version: 8.5
Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
Hugo Leisink
9 February 2015, 09:01
Please, follow these instructions.
Hejsan
9 February 2015, 09:18
Thanks Hugo,

I'll try that later in the evening and thank you for your brilliant software and excellent support!

Regards
Hejsan
Hejsan
9 February 2015, 13:30
It turns out that I was causing this problem. I used to run this server as a revese proxy for a ip6 machine. I don't do this any more so I removed the Ip6 ip. When I rebooted my machine Hiawatha could not start because it was still trying to bind to the ip6.

I noticed one thin though. When Hiawatha tried to start the message was can't bind to my ip4 ip nr but the problem was related to my ip6 binding. Is the error message correct or do I miss something?

Regards
Hejsan
Hugo Leisink
9 February 2015, 13:32
I'm still interested in valgrind's output, because Hiawatha should never segfault. And if IPv6 is the error, it indeed should not complain with a IPv4 error. Please, send me the valgrind output, it might help me to track down the issue.
Hejsan
9 February 2015, 22:42
Sent the log.
Hugo Leisink
11 February 2015, 11:42
First, please update to the latest version. Hiawatha 8.5 is more than 2.5 years old. Second, I think you problem has something to do with the fact that a binding without an Interface options set, binds both IPv4 and IPv6. If you then try to bind a specific IPv4 or IPv6 address, it's allready binded and will result in an error. So, or don't use the Interface option for any binding at all, or use them for every binding you specify.
This topic has been closed.