Forum

hiawatha control panel

Balaji Shankar
28 April 2015, 09:03
Thanks very much for hiawatha webserver. It is really a very fine piece of software.

We are working on an opensource webhosting control panel that will be modern and lightweight and will run on minimal Debian and Slackware. After much evaluation we have decided to use hiawatha instead of nginx or lighttpd. At present it is in the drawing board and ver 0.1 will take 6 months. The front end - client module - will be in python - we may use zeromq or a similar broker

One of the main reasons for choosing hiawatha is the .hiawatha file and a very good rewrite rule support for various CMS (which is why most people still stick with apache2)

In this context I am wondering if the hiawatha team will help us with .htaccess rewrite rules (I see you already have quite a number of CMS and apps covered in the website) for some of the major apps we are planning to support (sorry if this is asking too much!)

Hiawatha version: 9.12
Operating System: Debian
Mustafa Ramadhan
28 April 2015, 10:32
Kloxo-MR already use Hiawatha. Sadly, Kloxo-MR only for yum-based OS (like CentOS).
Hugo Leisink
28 April 2015, 11:18
If you don't send me hundreds of rewrite rules per day, sure, no problem. And of course, thanks for choosing Hiawatha!

Btw, I think most people choose Apache, beause that's what the rest of the world uses. And also because Apache is the first(?) and most successful open source project that beats a Microsoft product, so every Microsoft-hater wants to be part of that.
Balaji Shankar
28 April 2015, 16:11
Hello Mr.Ramadhan, Kloxo MR looks interesting.. I will install it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks a lot Hugo, we may ask for 30 rules in the next 6 months! I will post them here on a need to do basis. Many thanks!
This topic has been closed.