Forum

Silent client disconnected

kfft
21 October 2015, 15:59
how do i control the time before a "Silent client get disconnected" ?
It seems to happen in my particular case a couple of minutes after the Authenticated connection is silent. It does not happen with all clients but with one in particular.
thanks for your help
Hugo Leisink
21 October 2015, 17:00
You'll get the message when a client connects and disconnects without sending a single byte and before the TimeForRequest timeout has been reached. You can suppress this warning via the LogTimeouts setting.
kfft
21 October 2015, 18:41
I get the "403 forbidden" error on the client side after a while with no activity (a few minutes). I had the impression if was happening once I got the "Silent client disconnected" on the server side but I'm not sure. Does this warning also resets an authenticated connection with a the client? I didn't have this behavior with previous versions of Hiawatha (a couple of versions ago I am not sure which one).
kfft
21 October 2015, 21:32
I can confirm the error can be reproduced: files that are accessible turn into 403 forbidden. This seems to happens after a period of inactivity.
I am using HTTP authentication. I am running Hiawatha on Win10 x64.
kfft
21 October 2015, 22:24
Hugo i eventually got the reason, the client is in the background connecting with another user/password with lower rights, this is happening every 10 min. It is therefore disconnecting and losing the rights on the files from the first authenticated connection. No issue on Hiawatha side.
Hugo Leisink
23 October 2015, 11:26
That's good to hear.
This topic has been closed.