Forum

Banshee 5.0 does not compatible to PHP 7.0

samiux
29 May 2016, 14:08
Hi Hugo,

I cannot post message to the forum of Banshee as it treats it as spam. So, I post here.

After upgrading to PHP 7.0 and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, the "Logging" module of Banshee 5.0 does not work properly. There is no bar chart and some referals will cause error alerts.

Any idea? I do not want to re-build the site to Banshee 5.3.
Hugo Leisink
30 May 2016, 12:38
I don't have access to a machine with PHP7, yet. With a few weeks, I'll start migrating my current server to a new one, which will have PHP7. From that moment on, I'll start supporting PHP7.
samiux
30 May 2016, 14:53
Thanks a lot.
chapchap70
30 May 2016, 16:41
For what it is worth, I have been trying out 3 instances of Banshee using Hiawatha 10.2 and Xampp 7 (.04 on one and .06 on the other two.) because I was starting with absolutely no knowledge of PHP or Mysql. (Xampp uses Maria but I don't think that makes a difference.)

After trying to sync the Banshees (in probably not the right manner) so the webpages are the same, I broke one of the Banshees as far as logging into the CMS is concerned. I can only proceed one page before it requires me to login again (which means I cannot make changes.)

The reason for posting here is that before breaking the Banshee, the "Action log" under System was not recording anything. Now the broken Banshee records all my login attempts in the "Action log" as being logged in. When I hit the logout button, it states I am not logged in.

Maybe this will help.
chapchap70
30 May 2016, 16:44
@ Samiux

I think that if you leave a posting page open in a browser too long before trying to post, the post seen as spam will pop up. It happened to me so I refreshed and tried again
samiux
31 May 2016, 16:45
@chapchap70,

Thanks for the information.
This topic has been closed.