Forum

hiawatha.conf input tweaks for hostname, etc.

hiauser
15 November 2017, 23:25
Is it possible to increase the hostname inputs. For example the hostname length seems to be 1000 before the config will error out without a reason notification.

Is it also possible to allow adding some config options per line (for easier visibility); example in the hostname and hideproxy.

Sorry if I am not explaining my request better. I am looking for something like what nginx does in their nginx conf where you can add

servername domain1
domain2
domain3
;

Currently if I try something like that on hiawatha it will error.
Hugo Leisink
19 November 2017, 19:13
You can split config lines over multiple lines by using a backslash at the end of a line.
Hostname = hostname1.tld \
hostname2.tld \
hostname3.tld
hiauser
22 November 2017, 22:35
I was looking through some configuration examples and notice you can add additional hostname to increase the length of the domains without creating an additional virtual host section. Can you keep this behavior for future versions or should I use some alternative?

Your suggestion however doesn't seem to work beyond the first hostname. Using the \ after the first domain/subdomain goes to default website configuration on v10.7

Thanks. Am using hiawatha for a week and it is very good.
Hugo Leisink
23 November 2017, 22:31
I was looking through some configuration examples and notice you can add additional hostname to increase the length of the domains without creating an additional virtual host section.

I don't understand what you mean with this.

Ow, sorry. Forgot the comma at the end of each hostname.
Hostname = hostname1.tld, \
hostname2.tld, \
hostname3.tld
This topic has been closed.