Forum

php-fcgi: new parameter to restart single processes

Ben
15 November 2009, 21:13
Hi,

I am working with Roger at the migration of all our webservers to Hiawatha (all running FreeBSD). This way we find quite a lot of things which would be nice to be found in Hiawatha in the future, so please dont be annoyed :-)

I like the php-fcgi tool which lets you start and restart FastCGI processes easily. The problem: When you change sth in php.ini of one of the processes, you have to restart all processes even nothing would change for them.

What about a parameter to restart the processes which are run by e.g. the provided user?

Example:
FastCGI-processes are run as user1, user2 and user3.

Currently you can run: php-fcgi -k && php-fcgi to kill all and restart all of these at once.
Future you could run: php-fcgi -k -u user1 && php-fcgi -u user1 to kill and restart the processes which are to be run as user1 (as configured in php-fcgi.conf)

If its easier you could think of giving and ID to the instances configured in the php-fcgi.conf.

What do you think?

Hiawatha version:
Operating System:
Hugo Leisink
24 November 2009, 00:56
Sorry for my late response, must have missed this one somehow.

Your request sounds fair. I'll see what I can do for 6.19.
Hugo Leisink
1 December 2009, 09:30
To implement this in a clean way, I have to change the syntax of php-fcgi.conf, which I'm not going to do for a minor release. I'll note this one for 7.0. In the meantime, you can give each user its own configuration file and start that group with the -c option. Make sure each configuration file has its own unique PidFile setting.
This topic has been closed.