Forum

Hiawatha 7 Beta

Kurt
26 January 2010, 12:44
Hiawatha version: 7.0 Beta
Operating System: Arch Linux

I'd like to run the beta along side the current release while testing. It looks like the configuration directory is hard-coded as hiawatha. Is there an easy way to override this directory to, for example, "/etc/hiawata-beta"?

I can obviously temporarily rename the current /etc/hiawatha folder prior to installing the beta if the folder name is truly hard-coded.

Do you foresee any other conflicts or hard-coded directory names can't be set in the install? Have you tried this?

Thanks
Hugo Leisink
26 January 2010, 13:31
If you use the --prefix parameter for the configure script, you can change the install directory. Try for example:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/hiawatha-7beta
make
make install
Kurt
26 January 2010, 19:47
Perfect
Kurt
27 January 2010, 01:20
Well not so perfect as it's not the approach I was for which I was looking. However it pointed me to the "--program-suffix=-beta" parameter, where I am using the suffix beta.

Unfortunately this breaks the build because the build tries to chmod the file without the suffix, which does not exist..

test -z "/usr/sbin" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin"
/bin/install -c -m 644 'doc/index.html' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/srv/http/hiawatha-beta/index.html'
/bin/install -c 'ssi-cgi' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/bin/ssi-cgi-beta'
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/cgi-wrapper.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/cgi-wrapper-beta.1'
/bin/install -c 'cgi-wrapper' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/cgi-wrapper-beta'
/bin/install -c 'hiawatha' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/hiawatha-beta'
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/hiawatha.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/hiawatha-beta.1'
/bin/install -c 'php-fcgi' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/php-fcgi-beta'
/bin/install -c 'wigwam' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/wigwam-beta'
make install-exec-hook
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/newroot.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/newroot-beta.1'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/src/hiawatha-beta-7.0b'
chmod u+s /home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/cgi-wrapper
chmod: cannot access `/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/sbin/cgi-wrapper': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/src/hiawatha-beta-7.0b'
make[1]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/php-fcgi.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/php-fcgi-beta.1'
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/ssi-cgi.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/ssi-cgi-beta.1'
/bin/install -c -m 644 './doc/wigwam.1' '/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/pkg/usr/share/man/man1/wigwam-beta.1'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kurtm/abs/maintained/hiawatha-beta-7.0b-1/src/hiawatha-beta-7.0b'
make: *** [install-am] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
Aborting...
Hugo Leisink
28 January 2010, 14:49
I don't understand why the --prefix is not the approach you are looking for. It does exactly the thing you asked for.

About the chmod error: change the line that starts with chmod in Makefile.am into:
chmod u+s $(DESTDIR)$(sbindir)/`echo cgi-wrapper | sed -e "$(program_transform_name)"`

Use the following commands after the change:
autoreconf -vif
make install
This topic has been closed.