Forum

How to enable debug logging

Slavius
1 March 2010, 07:56
I've manually compiled Hiawatha 7.0 and installed using make install (default location, just for testing). There appears to be file called /usr/local/var/log/hiawatha/debug.log but I don't see a way how to activate debug mode for Hiawatha. I also tried running hiawatha -d (without forking to background) but I don't see any debug output.

Hiawatha version: Hiawatha v7.0, cache, chroot, CommandChannel, debug, Monitor, SSL, URL toolkit, XSLT
Operating System: Linux myhost 2.6.32-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 23 19:24:08 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Hugo Leisink
1 March 2010, 08:02
I use the debug log only when debugging. When the bug has been found, I remove the debug messages. An official release won't contain any debug logs, because at that time I'm not aware of any bug (otherwise I would have fixed it). So, if you want to see debug logs messages, you have to add them to the code.
Slavius
1 March 2010, 08:10
Ah, ok.
So it's basically for pre-release / bug-fixing. I've expected to see some more detailed internal processing being output to the debug.log file (like higher debug level for other *nix software).

Thanks.
This topic has been closed.