Forum

6.3 shutdown in Windows XP

Klemens Häckel
28 January 2008, 20:21
Hi,

i am trying out the Hiawatha server 6.3, after using 6.2 for some php development tests, on my Windows XP SP2 box.
I am using the same config and startup configuration files as for version 6.2, and corrected the config file according to the hint in http://hiawatha.leisink.org/index.php?page=forum&topic=28. At startup there is no error message any more.

It starts up ok, and seems to work as expected, but CTRL+C doesn't work for me !! The only way i found to kill this version is using the task manager .
I would like to run this server on a Millenium box, but would like to know if there is a better control possible, since i don't want to risk the need for reset on that production box.

Thank You,
Klemens Häckel
28 January 2008, 20:30
Just to clarify a bit more:
I had tested Hiawatha version 6.2 (in XP and) on the Millenium box, and i could start ok, and stop using CTRL+C without a problem.
Hugo Leisink
28 January 2008, 23:46
Thanks for your feedback. I haven't been able to reproduce your problem, but I will continue to search for the cause. If you click on the close button of the window, does Hiawatha shutdown or not?
Klemens Häckel
29 January 2008, 15:02
No, I can close the window, but the process keeps showing in the task list. I must kill it there.
Hugo Leisink
30 January 2008, 00:28
If you can send an e-mail to hugo at leisink dot net, I will send you a new zip file with some changes you can test for me.
Klemens Häckel
16 April 2008, 19:47
Maybe I should mention.
No longer a problem for version 6.4 or 6.5.

good job.
This topic has been closed.