Forum

kfft

windows
27 November 2010, 03:41
I have been using the windows version on XP to run a sensitive production site used daily and have never had any issue.
Hugo is this something you would not recommend? for what specific reason?

something that would be nice and there were questions about it in the past in this forum i think would be to be able to run hiawatha from any directory without too much work. From what I understood Hiawatha needs to be re-compiled which i never managed to do.
Is there any chance this will be possible in the future without compiling? Or would you have a tutorial to perform the operation? (installing all the needed components...)

thks
Hugo Leisink
27 November 2010, 09:09
Hiawatha was written for Unix. The fact that a Windows version is available is because it was so easy to make because of Cygwin. But I don't recommend using it in a production environment, because I never fully tested the Windows version. I don't know if Cygwin has anything weird that could mess up Hiawatha.

Recompiling Hiawatha is really simple. Just install Cgywin with the right libraries (SSL, XSLT and XML). Use "./configure && make win" to compile Hiawatha for Windows.

I never tried it, but I think Hiawatha will run fine from another directory. You just have to specify the path of the configuration file. Use "hiawatha -h" for help. Also specify the location of the mimetype.conf and the PID file in the configuration file. Read the manual page to look for other file locations.
windows
28 November 2010, 03:51
thanks i will try with the config file paths
This topic has been closed.