Forum

vtigerCRM install problem

Exson
18 December 2010, 13:26

Hiawatha version: 7.4
Operating System: FreeBSD 8.1
PHP version 5.2.15

Hi, Hugo:

Thanks for your hard work to develop the great webserver.

I'm trying to install vtiger 5.2.1 in my server and it always show the 500 - Internal Server Error. I've succeeded install webERP and dotproject on the server and they run smooth.

But I have no idea what's wrong with this. And there is no hint in the error.log.

Do you have any idea about this?

Best regards!

Exson
Hugo Leisink
18 December 2010, 16:26
Perhaps its vtigerCRM that is generating the 500 error. Try using the following setting and see what it does.
TriggerOnCGIstatus = false
Exson
20 December 2010, 02:39
Hi, Hugo:

Thanks for your prompt rely.

I've added this setting. But it still does not work.

Best regards!

Exson
Exson
20 December 2010, 10:44
Hi, Hugo:

Now I've figured things out.

I've checked the error log and found the owner is nobody. It's the reason why there is no record of log.

I changed the owner of this directory to www. And then run vtiger again. It shows the problem is CGI time out. So I revised the TimeForCGI = 9999.

The problem solved.

Thanks Hugo for the great work!

Best regards!

Exson
Hugo Leisink
20 December 2010, 11:04
The default runtime for CGIs is 5 seconds. That should be more than enough for most applications. If this vtigerCRM requires more than 5 seconds with a clean install, then there is something seriously wrong with this CRM if you ask me. Be warned that with TimeForCGI = 9999, you practicly give a CGI more than enough runtime to more or less freeze up your machine if it draws 100% CPU power. My advice: test this vtigerCRM carefully!
Exson
20 December 2010, 12:44
Hi, Hugo:

Thanks for your sugestion. I just set the CGI to 9999. I did not test it with other value. What do you mean test it carefully? Would you like tell me how to do it? I have no idea about this. I'd like to follow your instruction to test it.

Best regards!

Exson

Hugo Leisink
20 December 2010, 19:57
Test carefully how much CPU it uses when you add content. If a clean install is already taking more than 5 seconds, I don't have a good feeling about the performance of vtigerCRM when its database is fully loaded.

You don't want such application on a machine with other important applications. This vtigerCRM sounds like a beast that will require all CPU power, leaving nothing left for other applications.
This topic has been closed.