Forum

MyBB and Moodle under Hiawatha?

Mark
21 January 2011, 01:13

Hiawatha version: ??
Operating System: ?? (Likely to be ubuntu 10.04)

I'm looking at Hiawatha for a replacement to Apache, i would like to know if it works fine under Hiawatha webserver. To me it looks quite great, and last time i posted interest a developer posted interest on MyBB. I can't find current information on the newest version of either working, as it looks untested, sadly.

I find MyBB to be the most secure open source forum solution, and without a doubt Hiawatha is the most secure system aswell.
Mark
21 January 2011, 01:14
Moodle is less important, i can use MyBB as a CMS, but i would prefer Moodle to work as a CMS aswell.
Hugo Leisink
21 January 2011, 09:23
I have no experience with MyBB, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with Hiawatha. Have you tried it yet? Did you encounter any problems?
Mark
21 January 2011, 15:42
At the current moment i don't have a test enviroment to set up. I just bought my VPS, and did some research and Hiawatha really caught my eye.

I know MyBB isn't well versed outside of a "LAMP" setup, from what others have told me.
Hugo Leisink
22 January 2011, 10:27
I haven't tried MyBB or Moodle myself. My suggestion is that you try it first with Hiawatha (I'm sure you will do fine) and if you have any questions or encounter any problems, you let me know.
Mark
28 January 2011, 20:53
I guess i'll install it on my spare server HDD. Thanks.
This topic has been closed.