Forum

Suggestions for Improving HOWTO Documentation?

luke
24 March 2011, 02:35
Good Day fellow Hiawatha Community members,

Do you have any ideas for improvements to Hiawatha's documentation? Are there any things that need editing or revision? Anything new you would like to see?

Hiawatha's documentation is undergoing an editing and revision process. This will include the HOWTOs, man pages, conf files, and FAQs. If you have any ideas for improving any of these items, please post your suggestions in this forum thread.

Right now, we are working on the HOWTO pages, so if you want, please take a look at them and provide feedback on any improvements.

Thank you.
Max Weismann
25 March 2011, 15:15
Yes how to install hiawatha with php on linux
Hugo Leisink
25 March 2011, 15:20
How to install Hiawatha on Linux and how to configure it to use PHP is already described in these HOWTO pages. Can you tell us what you are missing?
luke
25 March 2011, 15:36
Hi Max,

I am currently doing some light editing of the HOWTO pages, with the one on PHP [www.hiawatha-webserver.org] coming up soon for editing work.

I'll admit that page is scanty, although much of the information is covered in other places. I'll read through the documentation on PHP and search these forums for frequent questions about PHP configuration. I'll use this information to improve the PHP HOWTO.

Meanwhile, is their anything specific in the PHP documentation that needs attention in your view? Your suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke
Samiux
8 April 2011, 15:00
The HOWTO page stated that the performance of Drupal is bad. However, my sites are running quiet good with Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. The UrlToolkit setting on the current HOWTO page is wrong. I hereby attached the correct settings which are developed by Hugo

For Drupal 7 :

UrlToolkit {
ToolkitID = drupal7
RequestURI exists Return
Match /favicon.ico Return
Match .* Rewrite /index.php
}

For Drupal 6 :

UrlToolkit {
ToolkitID = drupal6
RequestURI exists Return
Match ^/favicon.ico$ Return
Match /(.*)\?(.*) Rewrite /index.php?q=$1&$2
Match /(.*) Rewrite /index.php?q=$1
}

Reference link is at here [samiux.blogspot.com].

By the way, I also prepared a HOWTO for installing Hiawatha on Ubuntu Server, here is the [url=http://secure-ubuntu-server.blogspot.com/2010/11/howto-highest-secured-hiawatha-web.html[link[/url].

Please update the HOWTO page accordingly. Thanks.

Samiux
Hugo Leisink
11 April 2011, 09:01
I've updated the drupal UrlToolkit rules. Thanks!
This topic has been closed.